OPI - Stay the Night (Liquid Sand)

12:46 AM

Hello,


I am so excited to share these swatches of OPI Stay the Night with you today because since the past weeks I have been really curious to see how the "liquid sand" polishes would look like in real life!
Stay the Night is part of the Mariah Carey collection by OPI that will be available beginning January 2013. For more information about this collection, see the press release here.


According to OPI, the 4 Liquid Sand lacquers from the Mariah Carey collection feature groundbreaking technology for a textured, matte finish infused with reflective sparkle. 
Photos bellow are 3 coats of Stay the Night, without top coat.






I was also curious to see how it would look like with top coat. I used 2 coats of essence gel-look top coat. The glitters in this polish are quite top coat thristy so that you will need more than 1 coat of top coat to get a shiny look.





Final verdict:  The Liquid Sand technology is really interesting and I think getting at least one of the 4 Liquid Sand polishes from this collection is a must-have!
Once you have painted your nails, the effect takes a couple of minutes to occur. You will then see a matte black background with some shiny red glitters in it. It's funny because, although the overall look is matte, you still have some shiny glitters around. Of  course, if you pass your fingers over your nails, you will feel the Liquid Sand texture, a bit gritty. But I think it's very original and unique and doesn't look messy but rather trendy and cool! I am really enjoying this polish!
Stay in the Night is a bit sheer, you will need 3 coats to get full opacity. I suggest using thin coats to get a smoother look.
 
I also received Get Your Number, the blue shade from this collection and I will share some pictures of it soon!
EDIT: To see my swatches and review of Get Your Number, click on the picture below.
 


Purchase info:
OPI polishes can be purchased in professional nail salons, certains pharmacies, and beauty supplies.
For Switzerland, you can search for licensed retailers here.

*Product(s) in this post was(were) provided by the company for my honest review*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images

Subscribe